Monday, August 27, 2012

It must be love

Gerard: "You could get yourself a reputation as a really weird teacher without even trying that hard."

Me: "Because I want to keep a pencil case full of beef jerkey?"

Gerard: "Yes."

3 minutes of slow, silent walking through the aisles of Target

Me: "Beef jerkey is a lean and delicious snack that is also a useful motivational tool for hungry teens."

Gerard: [he laughs because I am so right] "I can see you tossing it to them for each right answer."

Me: "See?"

we look at pencil cases 

My left hand, as a mouth: "Miss, can I borrow a pencil?"
My right hand: "Sorry, I don't have any pencils."
My left hand: "But isn't that a full pencil case?"
My right hand: "Yep, but it's full of jerkey!"

Gerard: Ha


3 minutes of slow, silent walking through the aisles of Target

Me: You really think I would be a weird teacher? My kids love me!

Gerard: I'm sure they do.

     

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this story! I can picture the two of you so clearly while reading this. Makes me smile every time.