Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Your attention please

It has been brought to my attention that Gears of War is not, in fact, a role-playing game (or "RPG" for you in the know).

This, the greatest video game known to man (is that the correct terminology any more? Or should I just skip to "greatest creation ever to grace mankind's heretofore sad, empty and ultimately pointless existence?"), is known as a "third person shooter." [I researched that! For you, reader!]

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT DISTINCTION!

If I'm in the mood for pummeling people or monsters or peoplemonsters in the face with bullets for hours on end, I don't want to get distracted by personal decision-making, questing or intricate storylines. I demand ALL bullet-face-pummeling ALL the time. I don't have time to mess around with other nonsense!

No comments: