Monday, January 5, 2009

The Thespian

Oh, pardon me – I didn’t see you there.

What’s that? You feel like you’ve heard my voice somewhere? Why, thank you, yes, I’ve heard before that I have a very distinctive voice. Perhaps you’ve been to this bus stop before – I often carry on short, friendly conversations with my fellow passengers here, and you may have overheard. No?

Hmm...well, I didn’t want to say anything, but I have done a bit of voice acting in my time.

Oh yes, it is my great passion in life -- to give voice to those characters that have important things to impart to this world!

Yes, you’ll have heard me in some advertisements. Does, “Mmmm! How magnificently scrumptious!” ring a bell? That was a good one. And, of course, there was Disney's Hamlet meets Aladdin last Christmas. Every actor loves to play the Dane, you know! Haha. Ha. Yes.

No? Still not ringing any bells? Where have you heard my rich sonorous basso tones before?

Well, there was this one project I did -- a very special little endeavor that, I think, may have been the most important work of my career.

Yes, I was Wretch #3, Evil Sea Wraith and Exploding Kamikaze Monsters #47, 48 and 53 in the blockbuster role-playing game Gears of War. And I was damn good.

No comments: