Thursday, February 5, 2009

NYT can't stop, won't stop

A NYT story about the death of Domino magazine describes its readers thus:

"crafty, handy young women — like Carrie Bradshaw but cooler, with fewer shoes, better values and a mortgage"

So, you mean...not at all like Carrie Bradshaw. You confuse me, NYT. The only similarity I can spot is...

WAIT

OMG, of course! They are all womennnnnn! How could I not have seen -- Carrie Bradshaw has ladybits, and so do these people! They're like peas in a pod! They're exactly the same!

And BONUS FOR YOU, you clever Times scribes, your random mention of a canceled TV show has made me want to read your newspaper more closely -- because I am a girlyperson too! Perhaps I will even forward this article to my "girlfriends," so that we can all teeheehee and nod our heads over the trueness and realness of it all while brushing each other's hair and tiling our bathrooms. Yayyyyyyyy!
.......................................................................................

Why do you DO this, NYT? Have I not chastised you enough? Can you please stop grasping at the thinnest of cultural straws in your attempts to be "with it?" Seriously. Reading the words "Carrie Bradshaw" made me want to pull out my own eyeballs 3 years ago, when they were vaguely culturally relevant. Stick to the facts -- you're almost good at that.

1 comment:

Gerard said...

Nevermind the article, just watch the Conan video embedded about halfway down the page.
I think he understands how you often feel about the NYT.